Beautifully converted old farmhouse and adjacent guest cottage, pigeonnier, outbuildings and heated swimming pool set in two hectares of informal gardens with exceptional views over vines and the surrounding countryside.
Property ideally situated on the edge of a quiet rural village close to Allemans-du-Dropt and the ‘Bastide’ towns of Miramont de Guyenne, Duras and Eymet. Airports at Bordeaux (90mins) and Bergerac (40 mins).
Main house. Spacious and light with large open plan sitting room and kitchen with mezzanine gallery, utility room, two bedrooms with en suite bathrooms, study and large attic. French windows lead to large covered terrace with views over vines to forest and the surrounding countryside. 190 m2 of habitable space
Guest cottage. Adjacent to main house with light spacious entrance/dining hall, two bedrooms, bathroom, open plan sitting room and kitchen. French windows from sitting room lead to large covered terrace with views over the pool to surrounding countryside. 80 m2 of habitable space
-Entrance by large gates and gravel drive leading to central sweep
-Spacious open plan living room with tiled floors, traditional rough plastered walls and exposed roof beams. (66 m2) Monumental stone fireplace in local style and two double-glazed French windows give access to large covered terrace (32m2) with views to the southeast over vines, forest and the surrounding countryside.
-Staircase to a large mezzanine gallery / library of 41 m2.
-Two steps down from living room to fully fitted kitchen with double-glazed French windows to covered terrace. 21m2. Utility room: 10 m2.
-Archway from sitting room to bedrooms and study with staircase to the large loft space (72m2) suitable for conversion.
- Guest bedroom: tiled floor and double-glazed French windows to terrace and garden. En suite bathroom, washbasin, bath/shower and WC. Fully tiled. 16 m2 and 5 m2.
- Study with traditional stone fireplace and door to covered porch, parking and garden. 19m2.
- Master suite with fitted cupboard and French windows to terrace and garden. En suite bathroom with bath/shower, washbasin, shower and WC. 17 m2 and 4 m2.
- Under floor heating (heat pump), double wall and ceiling insulation and double-glazed windows.
- Spacious entrance/dining hall, tiled floor, stone pointed and traditional rough plastered walls and beamed ceiling. 20 m2. Large walk in wardrobe.
- Bedroom 1: same décor. 15 m2.
- Bedroom 2: same décor. 14 m2.
-Bathroom: bath/shower, washbasin and WC. 5 m2.
- Open plan living room with fitted kitchen area (25m2), beamed ceiling, stable door to garden and French windows to large covered pool terrace (28m2) with views to southeast over the pool to the surrounding countryside.
- Gas fired central heating and hot water, wall and ceiling insulation, double glazed windows. Broadband and satellite TV.
Conversion of main house carried out for the present owners by local architect and his team of artisans in 1999 and the guest cottage in 2003.
Swimming pool: heated (heat pump) and retractable safety cover. Pool dimensions 12 x 6 m.
Attached to the guest cottage:
- Pigeonnier in traditional style of the region, currently a workshop on ground floor 8m2 and staircase to first floor (planned studio) 8m2.
- Large garage (56m2) with old wine press.
- Carport 14m2.
Main well with automatic pump and reservoir.
Outbuilding with old prune oven (with original machinery) and functioning second well. 84m2
Informal garden of 2 hectares with croquet lawn, cherry orchard and numerous trees
Property Taxes = Tax Foncière 201 – 1039 €
Drainage: Main house: Premier Tech ECOFLO system compliant with latest regulations installed 2016. Guest cottage: Septic tank installed 1999.
<!-- [if gte mso 9]>